Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes,
Art is knowing which ones to keep

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!!

A new year - can you believe it??  The older I get the faster the time flies.  I so enjoyed having y'all at the house this Christmas.  I hope everyone was pleased with their ornaments and gifts.  I was.  My ornaments went directly on the tree - we had some really unique ones this time.  And my little snow lady joined the cast of others - we now have four.  As soon as I get the pics from Crystal I will post them online.

This Saturday we will have our meeting at Jane's church starting at 10 am.  We are planning to paint the little ornament that Sandy brought, the penguin on a cinnamon stick.  And of course we will have a covered dish lunch.  I will update the blog on Friday, as soon as I know what you will need to bring.  In the meantime, get together your paints, water container, blow dryer, brushes, etc.  If you have cinnamon sticks, bring those too, you may want to paint multiples. 

I have also included the minutes as listed above.  Since Jackie is going to be unavailable to continue as President this year, I am happy to accept your nomination.  I will do my best to keep our club going and try to make it as interesting as possible.  Jane Fulford has accepted the position as Education Chair.  Welcome aboard, Jane.  We were blessed for many years to have Linda as Education Chair.  This gives her a much needed break.  She is the grandmother to several grandchildren, one having just been born.  Having four grandchildren, I know you want to spend as much time as possible with them and I hope Linda is having a ball doing just that.  Congrats Linda on the birth of the latest grand baby.

Jane has researched several national teachers and will bring photos of their work on Saturday for you to review.  In the meantime, please check out the following websites to see the kind of work they do.  We will also have a short survey for you to fill out. 

Websites:
Ronnie Bringle - http://ronniebringle.com/
Brenda Harris - http://www.brendaharrisart.com/
Liz Miller - http://www.brendaharrisart.com/
Erika Joanne Designs - http://www.erikajoanne.com/

It's a new year and we plan to make it the best it can be.  So join us Saturday at the New Testament Fellowship Church at 812 North "W" Street.  The church faces "W" but the entrance to the parking lot is around the corner on Cervantes.  The upholstery shop in on the corner and to its right is a driveway to the parking lot. 


No comments: