Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes,
Art is knowing which ones to keep

Sunday, January 15, 2012

A New Year has begun...

“Another fresh new year is here . . . Another year to live!

To banish worry, doubt, and fear, To love and laugh and give!

This bright new year is given me. . .To live each day with zest . . .

To daily grow and try to be...My highest and my best!

I have the opportunity...Once more to right some wrongs,

To pray for peace, to plant a tree, And sing more joyful songs!”


I hate that I had to miss the first meeting of the year but sometimes the hubby has to come first.  Who would have thought a man of his age would have to undergo an emergency exploratory appendectomy??  At any rate he is recovering well.  But I have to tell you, I am not cut out for this housewife stuff.  I have cleaned, cooked, washed dishes, washed HIS clothes, vacuumed, dusted, put out trash - and it goes on and on!!  That is just too much for one person!  I even have had to go out in the cold and get the paper in the morning - all joking aside, you never know how much someone does for you until you have to do it yourself.  Thank you to all who inquired about him - we really appreciate your thoughtfulness.

I see by the minutes you had a very productive meeting.  I am so happy Diane agreed to do the treasury for us.  I think a lot of the board members just need a break for a while.  Now that we are into the new year, Jane F., is already busy lining up artists to teach a seminar.  And we still have lots more to do, one of which will be our charity for this year.  I think you will like what we are suggesting.  We have been talking about other things to do as a chapter so stay tuned, if all goes well we will have a great year.

As requested, I will start putting together the newsletter again.  It is important that you make sure Sue has your correct address.  I have not had time to find a program that will work with my computer but I will be looking this week.  I hope that as a member you will send me articles, quotes, poems, recipes, etc., so the newsletter will be interesting.  I don't think you want to hear only me and my ramblings so I will have to rely on all of you to help out.

I will be posting the dates for our meetings on the blog so please check it out often.  Also, I have posted the minutes, click the above tab to view.

See y'all next month,

No comments: