Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes,
Art is knowing which ones to keep

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Hope you are all curled up keeping warm.  I can't remember the last time the temps got down in the teens!  I am so glad the holidays are over and we are getting back to normal.  Now, I am counting down the days until I can sit on the swing again and feel the warmth from the sun.



Our seminar is fast approaching.  Please read the previous posts for pictures of the projects.  Ros will not bring any surfaces, mostly books and brushes.  Your surface needs to be approximately 12"x16" for the flowers and 7"x19" for the glass floats.  She will bring several sizes in patterns.  If you have these books, Simply Gran you will find the glass floats, and Grans Painting Place has the flower in a vase.  I have a lot of her books but not these two.



You should have received an email from Diane with the list of members who have paid their dues and the seminar.  If you haven't paid for your seminar you should do so now.  Send your check to Diane or to me as quickly as possible.  Diane is taking the seminar and will not have the time to take checks the day of the seminar.  And Ros has asked for the number of attendees so she can bring photos and patterns.  I will give her the count next week.  I believe we will have only about fifteen people attending so we will probably lose a bit of money.  Hopefully we will be able to make it up through fundraising this year.  I will update again before the seminar so stay tuned.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a Kansas Wheatheat Decorative Painter and happened on to your site. Great job. I noticed that you are having a problem with you Not For Profit Status. We are in the same situation. Have you had any luck fixing it. We live right by the NationalSDP office and can not get any help. I was reading the chapters handbook and on page 103 or 105 it sounds like we are all tied to their 501c6 exemption. Would appreciate any feedback.
Barbara Williams


BrushedByAnAngel said...

Barbara, please email me at bcueno@gmail.com and I will give you a status update.