Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes,
Art is knowing which ones to keep

Friday, January 31, 2014

Thawed out yet??

Hope you all made it through our ice storm without damage.  We were fortunate we only lost power overnight but I found it hard to sleep when I don't have my nightlight.  It was really dark in the house so I was forced to open the shades to let in enough light to find my way around.  Like most of you I waited for the snow but only got ice.

We will have our regular meeting tomorrow in our new meeting room.  We checked it out this week and decided the room needs a little cleaning so that's what we will be doing first off.  Keep in mind we are entering a mans world so you know it may not be up to our standards.  Then we are going to practice Ros' strokes.  So bring your painting supplies and a dish for pot luck lunch and let's start planning our new year.  We are challenging each member to come up with something you can teach this year.  We have nine months remaining to paint this year and we need at least seven people to come forward with a month they are willing to teach.  Then we need six members to teach ornaments in the month of July and August.  This will give everyone a chance to teach.  If you feel uncomfortable doing it by yourself ask for another member to work with you.  If you feel you don't paint well enough to teach I say...Poo!  I have seen everyone's paintings and I know you are much better than you think.  If you need help finding something suitable to teach, ask us and we will help.  I will tell you about the first time I taught a class.  I was petrified!  I had to teach an oil painting in front of people I didn't even know.  I practiced my project at least a dozen times.  I wrote out my instructions as I painted, then when I finished I started all over again.  I painted that canvas so many times everyone in my family got the same painting....and you know I have a big family.  It turned out fine but I wasn't convinced.  The next class I taught I did the same thing...my family finally said they loved getting a painting but didn't all want to get the same thing!  Even now, I get butterfly's when I teach so I think it must be a normal feeling.

I am excited to tell you that I have the quilt we painted and will bring it to the meeting tomorrow.  It really is very pretty, I think you will be quite pleased.  We will discuss how we will handle the raffle at the meeting.

I found this fish on Pinterest and it reminded me of a reverse Zentangle.  Thought you might like to see.  Hope to see y'all tomorrow.  We're off to a good start!







No comments: