Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes,
Art is knowing which ones to keep

Thursday, February 6, 2014

New Year, New President, New Place to Meet, and New Friends

Lots of new things for us this year.  We started off the new year with a Ros Stallcup seminar which was great.  I think everyone that attended really enjoyed painting with her.  We have a new President, Jackie and a new place to meet.  The fire house meeting room is small but will be fine until someone finds something bigger. And we had new friends visiting us, welcome, Angela Simone, her mother Ann Simone and Delores Mintz.   Now we are preparing for our next meeting on 1 March.  Jackie will be teaching a fold hankie doll.  This is what she said to tell you:

For the class,  people should bring a good pair of scissor, and their normal supplies, tracing paper, hanker chief - size is about 14"x14" Jacky


Of course, we will have lunch so don't forget a covered dish.  We are still working out the kinks of meeting in a new place but I think with a little soap and vinegar we should have it looking good by the next meeting.  I'm hoping I can get with a couple of our members to do a little cleaning.  I will also bring a coffee pot - I bet some of you were going through withdrawals last Saturday.  
The guys at the fire department graciously allowed us to leave our tablecloths in the kitchen.  No one wants to have to drag that around.  One of my suggestions for members is to take a trip to the Dollar Tree, check out their craft section and then head over to the party supplies and pick up a plastic tablecloth.  And since you are already there stop by the tool section and pick up a faux shammy cloth.  They are great to put in your palette to hold water for a wet palette --- and the good news is everything is only a dollar.  If you don't have a fairly flat palette, see if they have plastic trays to use as a palette.  I also buy my small squirt water bottles there.  I'm not getting paid to endorse Dollar Tree (unfortunately) but there are so many things there that we could use in our craft.

I am bringing my old Decorative Painters for any member who wants them - free.  If you have something you want to share feel free to bring it also.  Not sure where we will put these items but we will work it out.


No comments: