Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes,
Art is knowing which ones to keep

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Saturday Paint In

I am having a bad time with my printer but I wanted to give you an idea what we will attempt to paint on Saturday.  This Santa (minus the little elf on the ornament) can be painted surface of your choice.  I will provide the paints, come prepared to paint quickly as we will not have the room all day.  I plan to eliminate some of the detail work but this is the basic design.  You will need a 1/2" flat or angle brush, a liner and a small filbert or flat and a rake brush.  Then of course your regular painting supplies.  If you have a hair dryer that would be helpful.  Hope you like it.  I am painting mine on an old silver tray - about 13" in diameter.  I washed the silver tray with vinegar, sprayed a primer on it and then it is ready to paint.  Call me if you have any questions just try to keep the surface you are painting on no bigger than 11"X14".  See you Saturday.

No comments: